Sunday, November 16, 2014

My Voice

My voice sounds like love.
It tastes and feels like love.
It is intertwined with the Divine.
It radiates beauty, peace and joy.
It is good and kind and gentle.

I put it forth before I am sure of its mixture.
But I must put it forth.
Releasing my voice brings peace.
I cannot only inhale,
I must exhale.
I must allow it to fulfill its purpose.

My voice was trapped.
It was not allowed.
It bore such shame.
No more.

I can see it better when I put it forth.
Does it include some old fear?
Is it true?

Some reject it.

Educate me.
Influence my voice, if you can.
I do not want the stagnant, the culturally limited, the prejudiced.
I will consider your views.
I don't want to stay small.
I want to be blown out of the waters.
I want my boundaries to only be limited by the boundaries of love itself.

Copyright 2014  
Leah Lambert Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment