Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Being a Girl


Growing up, I did not like being a girl. The males in my life were powerful. They could take from me and I wasn’t strong enough to protect myself.

As an adult, I see the wonder and power that is woman and am delighted to be one. God is my protection; in Him, all my needs are met and I am strong. Being a girl, a woman, is a high calling with supernatural benefits. God made no mistakes in creating us.

God certainly did not create woman to be of a lower class than man. Man and woman are of God, made in His glorious likeness and image. He would never have created us to be used, His glory cheapened. The differences of God’s children are meant to reveal unique aspects of His glory on the earth. The light of His glory should never be put under a bushel (Mt. 5:15). The abuse of girls, of women, throughout the world is unconscionable

No comments:

Post a Comment